Steps to perform Ardhachakrasana
- Stand straight with feet together and arms alongside the body.
- Balance your weight equally on both feet.
- Breathing in, extend your arms overhead, palms facing each other.
- Breathing out, gently bend backwards pushing the pelvis forward, keeping the arms in line with the ears, elbows and knees straight, head up, and lifting your chest towards the ceiling.
- Hold. Breathing in, come back up.
- Breathing out, bring the arms down and relax.
- Ardha Chakrasana stimulates the abdominal organs and aids in digestion.
- The pose reduces flab in the waist and thighs.
- It helps to alleviate upper back pain.
- It tones the lower back muscles and improves flexibility of back.
- It improves heart function and regulates blood pressure.
- Ardha Chakrasana stimulates ovaries and fallopian tubes and hence addresses menstrual disorders.
- It aids in curing uterus problems.
- The pose is good for spondylitis.
- Those with serious hip or spinal problems should avoid this asana as well as those with high blood pressure and brain ailments.
- Peptic or duodenal ulcers and hernia patients should avoid this pose.
- Pregnant woman should avoid this pose.