Steps to perform Astangasana
- From Plank position, drop the knees to the floor.
- Bring the chest and chin forward and down to the floor, placing the chest right between the hands.
- Keep the elbows hugging into your sides.
- The hips should stay high.
- Enhances the flexibility of the back and spine.
- Provides strength to the back muscles.
- Clears your mind and reduces tension and anxiety.
- Works and improves the muscles of all the 8 limbs involved.
- Avoid practicing this pose in case of back injury.
- Do not practice when you have pain in wrist.