Steps to perform Dandasana
- Sit on the floor with back straight and legs extended out in front of you. Your legs and feet should be hip width apart and parallel.
- Press the sitting bones in the floor and point the crown of your head to the ceiling to lengthen and straighten the spine.
- Flexing your feet, press out through your heels.
- Keep your palms on the floor adjacent to your hips for supporting your spine and relaxing your shoulders down. Keep your torso straight but relaxed.
- Ground your lower half firmly to the floor by relaxing the legs.
- Teaches you to sit correctly. Increases the flexibility of the hips and pelvis. Improves the posture of lower back.