Steps to perform Sukhasana
- Sit in Dandasana.
- Bend both legs and place the right foot under the left thigh and the left foot under, or in front of, the right calf on the floor.
- If it is more comfortable cross the legs in the opposite way.
- Sit with your pelvis in a neutral position. To do this, press your hands against the floor and lift your sitting bones a bit.
- Balance your tail bone and pubic bone in such a way that they are equidistant from the ground.
- Place your hands on your knees, palm down and lengthen your tailbone towards the floor.
- Amplifying your state of serenity and tranquility.
- Broadens your collarbones and chest.
- Calming your brain.
- Eliminating stress, anxiety and mental exhaustion.
- Improving alignment.
- Lengthening your spine.
- Opening your hips.
- Strengthening your back.
- Avoid doing this asana in case of knee, hip injury.
- Do not perform it in any type of Spinal disk problem.