Steps to perform Tulasana
- Plank Pose is one of the positions in the traditional Sun Salutation sequence.
- Lie down in prone position. Then inhale and draw your torso forward until the arms are perpendicular to the floor and the shoulders directly over the wrists, torso parallel to the floor.
- Press your outer arms inward and firm the bases of your index fingers into the floor. Firm your shoulder blades against your back, then spread them away from the spine. Also spread your collarbones away from the sternum.
- Press your front thighs up toward the ceiling, but resist your tailbone toward the floor as you lengthen it toward the heels. Lift the base of the skull away from the back of the neck and look straight down at the floor, keeping the throat and eyes soft.
- Strengthens the arms, wrists, and spine.
- Tones the abdomen.
- Avoid practicing this pose when you have any kind of hand and fingers injury.
- Do not stay for long in case of mild neck/ shoulder pain.