Menopause Management Plan
Menopause is a natural decline in the reproductive hormones when a woman reaches her 40s or 50s. It also means that a woman can no longer bear children. Before menopause, her menstrual cycle becomes irregular. This means that her periods may be longer or shorter in duration or be lighter or heavier in the amount of flow. Perimenopause is the term used to define the time around menopause, whereas postmenopausal refers to the time after menopause has occurred. In this article, we have highlighted the causes and symptoms of menopause, the complications some women face during this phase, the diet they should follow for a healthy body and Health Total’s menopause management plan.
Menopause Management Diet Plan
We have designed a customized nutrient-dense diet plan that will help you manage the following symptoms of menopause:
- Mood swings
- Joint pain
- Hair fall
- Hot flushes
- Skin dryness
- Weight gain
- Lowered metabolism
Here’s what our menopause management plan includes:
Our food plan includes flaxseed, black til and husk. We also recommend incorporating calcium-rich foods, soya and skimmed milk, depending on the weight loss plan. Phytoestrogens containing foods such as legumes and pulses are also good for women during menopause. For healthy living, we suggest all types of juices and green tea during menopause.
Menopause can be a tiring time for some women, as it affects their day to day activities and mood. However, there have been instances where many women have found relief from menopause symptoms using herbs as they have very few side effects when compared to hormone replacement therapy. Here are some of the herbs:
- Shatavari: Shatavari, or Asparagus racemosus, supports the reproductive system. It not only good for the young woman, but also for women in their middle and elder years. This herb helps women gracefully transition through the natural phases of life, including menopause.
- Evecare: Evecare is a herbal blend that regularizes the menstrual cycle as well as controls excessive pain.
- Ashoka: Ashoka tree has potent estrogenic properties, which repair the endometrium, regulate estrogen levels and help heal the inflamed endometrium during menstruation.
- Lodhra: This improves the fertility by regulating ovarian hormones.
- Evening Primrose: Evening Primrose oil has been part of herbal medicine for centuries for reasons like relief from hot flashes that arise just before and during menopause.
Exercise doesn’t necessarily reduce menopausal symptoms like hot flushes and sleep disorders but it definitely helps maintain weight, relieves stress and improves your quality of life. Women should aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity, or 75 minutes of rigorous aerobic activity a week. We recommend walking, jogging, biking, and swimming. Also, practice meditation and yoga as they can help alleviate hot flashes and fatigue.
There are several ways to make the menopause transition easier. For example, staying physically active, managing stress, and getting enough sleep. Also, women mus avoid processed foods and instead, opt for nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains