Vegetable pulao is simple and nutritious and can be prepared quickly and easily. It is a pot dish that is made up of rice to enhance the taste ads vegetables to them with flavor of herbs and spices. This food is vegetarian and also combined with other delicious sides such as raita, pickle and roasted papad. Pulao is mostly served along with these sides in the Indian culture. Vegetable pulao is also known as pulav, veg pulao, pilaf. Veg pulao contains great nutritional values and provides a number of health benefits as well.
Nutritional values of pulao
There are many types of vegetable pulao recipes that can be try at home like vegetable pulao, peas pulao, kashmiri pulao, paneer pulao, hyderabadi pulao, tawa pulao etc. each type of pulao has its own nutrient value mostly because of the variety of veggies. Here are the nutritional facts about a serving of vegetable pulao:
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrates 3g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
Vegetable pulao is the perfect choice for both lunch and dinner. It is easy and quick to cook and contains various health benefits. There are no disadvantages of eating vegetable pulao and health benefits are:
1. Good source of fiber
Vegetable pualo are the rich source of fiber and can keeps stomach full for longer hours. Pulao also contains many essential nutrients. It include the variety of vegetables such as beans, paneer, peas and carrots.
2. Enhances mood
Many people prefer eating rice at night as it provides satisfying feeling and relieves the entire stress buildup of the day. Vegetable pulao enhance the mood because it is considered as a comfort food to make it delicious adds favorite veggies or dryfruits it provides them a flavor.
3. Aids Digestion
Rice aids proper digestion and can helps in recovering from several health problems. Rice are rich in starch and fiber, thus improves the process of digestion addition of ginger and garlic also plays a role in making digestion better.
How to make Vegetable pulao?
Veg pulao is simple and easy to prepare it is a pot mixture of rice and vegetables a;long with aromatics and flavours of onions, garlic, ginger, spices and herbs. Make simple and different variation by adding different vegetables or flavours during preparation.
- Cumin seed
- Garam masala
- - Firstly, roast cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and onion in olive oil, mustard oil or desi ghee in a pan
- - Chop all the vegetables including carrot, paneer, beans and cauliflower
- - After the onion starts turning pinkish brown in colour, add all these chopped veggies in the pan
- - Then, mix all the ingredients together on sim for 6-7 minutes
- - Add garam masala, salt, red chilli powder and any other spice of your choice
- - Double the amount of water than the rice and add in the pan
- - Give it a boil
- - Lastly, add the rice, cover it with a lid and sim the flame for a few minutes
- - Do not forget to mix it after every few minutes
- - Your vegetable pulao is ready to eat!
So these were the health benefits and the nutritional values of the vegetable pulao. Try different variation to make it healthier or delicious. It is healthy, nutritious and good option for the lunch and dinner and meal. Do not over consume rice as it can lead to gain weight in some people.